Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tidal wave or just ripples in the water?

Jay Z just recently launched his new music streaming service called Tidal. This streaming service is going to be competing with other apps such as Spotify. But it will be different in that there is no free service. Jay Z is aiming to get artists the money they deserve by offering a $10 monthly package as well as a $19.99 package for higher quality sound. It launched about a month ago and apparently hasn't received much positive feedback. I personally wanted to check it out but have no desire to pay $10 a month for something that I can already get for free. Now don't get me wrong I'm all about supporting artists and getting them what they deserve. I do my part by purchasing their new albums and seeing them in concert. I've even traveled up to five hours to see some of my favorite artists(John Legend, Beyonce and Jay Z), but I'm sorry I will not pay $10 a month to listen to the music I already paid for plus some that I probably do not care to listen to to begin with. I think i am among the few that still actually pay for their albums/songs, so I cannot imagine many are going to be willing to pay for this app. I like the idea but he definitely went about it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment