Wednesday, April 29, 2015
American airlines
After complications with an app on piolits iPads, flights had to be delayed for American Airlines. These apps hold all of the maps and flight plans so without the app the piolits could not go anywhere. Kind of scary right? We are so dependent on technology now that when it doesn't work we don't know what to do. It is understandable though, having these apps has saved airlines money as well as created less bulk for the piolits to carry around. I am all for that, I think it is a great idea. But, when should we draw the line in depending on technology? Personally I think it would be smart to have on hand in each airport a file that could be printed if something like this were to happen again. This still allows piolits to not have the bulky paper plans but still have access to them if needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment